The SMPCP Elder Abuse Prevention Network (EAPN) has agreed on a number of objectives to assist in the primary prevention of elder abuse in our community. One of those objectives is to build the capacity of staff working with older people to identify and respond appropriately to elder abuse.
To facilitate this, we recommend that all staff who have regular contact with older people complete the Victorian Government's Elder Abuse Prevention Online Training.
At the conclusion of this training, participants should be able to:
- recognise and define types of elder abuse
- identify risk factors for elder abuse
- understand the empowerment model
- recognise that elder abuse situations are often complex
- understand your duty of care as a worker
- contribute to building the capacity of your organisation to effectively respond to elder abuse
The course will take 1.5 to 2 hours to complete, does not have to be completed in one session and is free of charge. It includes content in a range of formats including case studies and videos. Participants will be issued with a certificate upon successful completion of the course and assessment.
This course is targeted at anyone whose work brings them into contact with older people.
To register and complete the course please visit elderabuseprevention.e3learning.com.au