The Integrated Care Communities of Practice are funded by the Victorian Department of Health through Australian Disease Management Association (ADMA) – Alfred Health.
The SMPCP Partnership Lead collaborates in this space as a member of the ADMA Integrated Care Communities of Practice Steering Committee to ensure the focus of this group is in line with the needs of local partners.
The Integrated Care Communities of Practice (CoP) provide an opportunity to bring together general practice, community health services, hospitals, local government, allied health services, community pharmacies, social services, social groups and others with a view to improving awareness of and connectivity between local services.
The CoPs aim to:
- Support relationship building across sectors in local areas
- Promote local service awareness
- Promote connectivity and communication
- Share ideas for patient centred care in the region
- Promote the development of collaborative approaches to care
Each CoP event may include:
- variety of topics
- featured guest speakers
- panel discussions comprising local services for each region
- facilitated discussion
- optional networking at the end.
Currently there are Integrated Care Communities of Practice covering the following areas:
- Bayside | Glen Eira
- Stonnington | Port Phillip
Workers in health and social services are encouraged to join their local CoP.